September 7, 2007

Think before saying something

Read an interesting article via Malaysia Today:


Russian mayor bans phrase 'I don't know'
MOSCOW - The mayor of a Siberian oil town has ordered his bureaucrats to stop using expressions such as "I don't know" and "I can't." Or look for another job.

Alexander Kuzmin, the 33-year-old mayor of Megion, has banned these and 25 other phrases as a way to make his administration more efficient, his spokeswoman said Tuesday.

"It's a suggestion to the staff that they should think before saying something," Oksana Shestakova said by telephone. "To say `I don't know' is the same as admitting your helplessness."

To reinforce the ban, a framed list of the banned expressions has been hanging on the wall next to Kuzmin's office for the past two weeks, Shestakova said… more >>



If to say “I don’t know” == Helplessness!
Then our PM always says “I don’t know”,
Therefore, our PM == Helplessness; (!!?)


Some of the other Banned Phrases:
- It's not my job
- It's impossible
- I'm having lunch
- There is no money
- I was away/sick/on vacation
- What am I supposed to do?
- What can we do?
- I'm not dealing with this
- The working day is over
- Somebody else has the documents


Have any of you experienced or heard of any above phrases (or same meaning with these phrases) while dealing with government servants (or private sector)?

If whoever says these kinds of phrases will be fired, then how many people can be stayed and continue to serve the publics??

Very lucky that this rule is not implemented by Bolehland...
If not, I don’t know got how many people will lose their job.

No comments: